Thursday, June 07, 2007

Guinot Is For Me!

I can honestly say that my skin looks so much better since I went to a spa and had them "map" my skin. I have always had problems as my skin hated every product I used! It would either get too dry, too oily or breakout for no apparent reason.

I only go for a facial very rarely but by having a trained person look at my skin and recommend products that will suit me has made all the difference!

I am using Guinot and love the smell and the feel of the products.

Guinot Wash off Cleanser
Leaves my skin clean and so soft afterwards. It provides deep cleansing for sensitive skin. If you find that you like the feel of lathering up a product, have sensitive skin and need a little hydration - then this is a great cleanser.

One of the ingredients (which I had never heard of) is squalane. Squalane is made from the deodorization distillates obtained from the unsaponifiable fraction of Olive oil. It is used in some of the world's most expensive beauty formulas as a natural skin care product. Beneficial effects on the skin include decrease in dryness and smoothing of wrinkles (I am afraid that I just can't find those wrinkles anymore).

Other ingredients are citric acid to help with brightening the skin, macadamia nut oil for softening and sodium laureth sulfate for deep cleansing and purifying.

Other products that I use from Guinot are:

Longue Vie Cellulaire
This is an easy to use cream. I apply it day and night. A little blob is the perfect amount and I can feel my skin sucking it in! It completely hydrates my skin and makes it feel more alive.

This product has 56 healing, nourishing revitalizing ingredients. 17 vitamins stimulate-rebalance cellular life, 2 anti-free-radicals slow down oxidation of cells and 16 biological active ingredients activate cellular oxygenation, synthesis proteins. Phew! That's a lot of goodies.

Longue Vie Eye Cream
This product says that it firms and tones the eye tissue to smooth the eyelids and reduce wrinkles and fine lines.

I have been using this product for about three months and I really think that I can see a difference. It is kind of expensive but you only need a tiny bit as it glides on so smoothly.

If you are finding that you are having a challenge with your skin then if you can see an esthetician. They should be able to put you on the right track to healthy, glowing skin.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

I've tagged you for a meme! Come see my post today (on Makeup Minute) so you know what to do! :)

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Dark Circles said...

There's no substitution for a professional's years of experience. When you run into those really expensive products, read the label! You might find somsthing a bit less expensive that has the same ingredients!

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can pick up Guinot products much cheaper on the web than at your local Salon. www.secretskinstore.co.uk have some really great offers on Guinot and they offer fantastic skin care advice as well!

3:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home