Friday, June 01, 2007

You are What you Drink

You will have heard that you are what you eat - well did you know that you are also what you drink? Here are 5 reasons to drink up this summer...

The body is almost 2/3 made up of water. If you do not get enough water it can lead to dehydration, which can cause headaches and fatigue.

Drinking 5-8 glasses a day can decrease the risk of health complications like bladder and colon cancer.

Water distributes glucose, oxygen and nutrients to all the parts of your body and gives you energy.

Water provides natural moisture to your connective tissues and can give you a healthy, dewy glow.

Proper hydration regulates your body temperature and keeps your joints well lubricated, especially important when you're active.

Tip: Carry a small water bottle with you whilst hiking, walking, in the car or have at your desk. This will ensure that you are constantly getting the water your body needs!

1 Comments:

Blogger randomthoughts said...

I love to drink water. I have a cooler, and I drink between five 5-gallon jugs a month. My husband is canceling it, just $ too much. And I don’t like tap water. I live in Milwaukee that’s were they had the crypto in the water. I seriously don’t have any idea what I am going to do without it.

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home