Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Here Kitty Kitty

Yesterday I found myself in my fav drug store needing a couple of things. I was out of conditioner and so I thought I'd buy that. Of course once I buy one item, I need to buy ALL the accompanying items!

I have been straightening my hair for what seems like forever and now I feel like a change - and why not? I have been on the hunt for a good shampoo and conditioner for curly hair so that if I do decide to go au natural, my hair looks Melina Kanakerdes-esq.

There are so many brands out there to try and I don’t like to spend too much on them incase they are not that great. I saw Tigi Catwalk and thought I'd give it a go. Here are my thoughts on the products I picked up...

I decided to go for the full meal deal and get the Curls Rock Curly Hair Conditioner $18.99 CDN, Curls Rock Shampoo $12.99 CDN and the Curls Rock Curl Booster $18.99 CDN. I see on the website that there is a Curl Amplifier but I did not see it at the store.

I washed my hair with the shampoo and the product smelt good - it's an orange berry fragrance. It lathered up and rinsed out really well. This product says it will "Define, Detangle and Defrizz".

The conditioner too smelt good and felt thick and creamy. I always feel my hair is getting a better conditioning when the product is thick - it may not make a real difference but it makes me feel good.

I liked the feel of the bottles, quite rubbery and easy to squeeze the products out of. What I did not like so much was that there are no instructions on them. Printed on the back was the same tagline in multiple languages and then the ingredients. How was I to know how long to condition my hair for? I guess had I bought it from a salon they would have directed me.

Lastly I bought the Curl Booster. I did not think much of this product. It says to spray into your wet or dry hair - "Curls will have tighter, more defined shape, shine and definition". I did as directed, but found it smelt like hairspray and made my hair feel a little dry.

Ok I've used all the products and my hair is now dry - results: My hair feels pretty soft, looks kinda shiny and has a good amount of bounce and some defined curl. It has not alleviated the frizz as much as I would have liked and it feels a little dry from the Curl Booster.

I guess I’m back to my search for the perfect hair products.



Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Fitzgerald said...

I use the Catwalk root booster but other then that, nada. :-( My cosmetologist BFF tells me that all of those products by TIGI contain tons of alcohol, thus the drying effect. So if I know this, why am I still so compelled to buy those cute Bedhead prods? hehe.

2:28 PM  
Blogger CurlyGirl said...

I'm glad you decided to stop straightening your hair!!
I've just done a blog on curly product reccomendations on my blog.
It's so cool when you see curly girls!

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home