Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Love for Chanel fragrances

To me Chanel means luxury. I have always been a Chanel fragrance lover and wear nothing else. I don’t know why I am such a truly devoted customer but perhaps it is the fact that I was give a little bottle of No. 5 as my first perfume as a young girl or perhaps it is the way the frangrances make me feel.

Each perfume seems to mean something to me. No. 5 was my fragrance when I was a teenager. Coco was my choice when I was in my 20’s. Allure for my early 30’s and now Allure Sensuelle for my late 30s.

Here are some of the most popular Chanel fragrances...

N°5
N°5 is the greatest and best known perfume in the world. This timeless classic, both contemporary and unusual, remains the absolute benchmark of feminine fragrances, entrancing, elegant and always modern.

icon
icon
Top notes: Neroli from Grasse (flower of the bitter orange tree), Ylang-Ylang from the Comoros, Aldehydes
Middle notes: Grasse Jasmine, May Rose
Base notes: Sandalwood note, Vetiver from Réunion, Vanilla from Réunion (Bourbon Vanilla)


N°19
Released on 19th August this perfume was created for the 70s woman. She was an active woman, still feminine, but bolder and more prepared to openly express her individuality. This woman was unique and irreplaceable. N°19 is a fragrance to inspire women to take new initiatives.
icon
icon
Top notes: Neroli from Grasse, Persian Galbanum
Middle notes: Florence iris (orris), May Rose, French Narcissus
Base notes: Virginian Cedarwood, Gaiac wood from Paraguay, Vetiver from Haiti


COCO
Fashion in the 80s was all about appearances, and sometimes just a little showy. There was a renewed demand for more sensuous fragrances, inspired by the Far East. "I do not create fashionable fragrances, I create fragrances for an era" said Jacques Polge.

Coco, was his first feminine fragrance creation and it was a warm and sensual Eau de Parfum, both captivating and voluptuous and a tribute to Coco Chanel.

icon
icon
Top notes: Tunisian Orange Blossom, Sicilian Mandarin
Middle notes: Damask Rose, Oriental Jasmine, Mimosa from Provence, Ylang-Ylang from the Comoros
Base notes: Tonka Bean from Brazil and Venezuela, Indonesian Patchouli, Somalian Opoponax

ALLURE
Created in 1996, this fifth fragrance for women establishes the importance of the individual. No more top, middle and base notes. ALLURE dispenses with these traditional notions to embrace a multi-faceted approach. There are six of these facets to be exact, which overlap and harmonise with each other, no single facet becoming dominant over the others.

Elegance is universal, but allure is unique to each individual. With this fragrance every woman can express her own allure.

icon
icon
The six facets
1. Fresh: Citron note
2. Fruity: Sicilian Mandarin
3. Timeless Floral: May Rose, Oriental Jasmine
4. Imaginary Floral: Magnolia accord, Honeysuckle accord, Water lily accord
5. Woody: Haitian Vetiver
6. Oriental: Vanilla from Réunion

Like ALLURE, ALLURE SENSUELLE is constructed as an olfactory diamond around six facets (Fresh, Timeless Floral, Woody, Oriental, Fruity and Sunny Spicy) that develop and meld together to express a different harmony on each woman.
icon
icon


Such history and beauty. I'll just leave you with a beautiful photo I found of the lady herself Coco Chanel taken in 1937 and a wonderful quote.


“Perfume is the poetry of fashion, its silent and secret mirror.” Jacque Polge, the nose of Chanel

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger SpillToJill said...

Very Cute bLOG!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home