Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fun Facts About Me!

Elke from the Beauty Blog Network recently sent around some fun questions for me and other bloggers to answer. I thought I would share the questions and my answers with you...

FIVE FACTS
1. I was born in Toronto, moved to London, England at 9, moved to Vancouver at age 22 – hated it so moved to Sydney, Australia for a year and now am back in Vancouver…until I move to Toronto in May!!

2. I was a HUGE 1950s fan when I was a teenager and was a pretty good "jiver". Was asked to dance in a Morrissey video, be an extra in a TV drama named "Lipstick on your collar" (I think it was Ewan McGregor's first acting job), and took part in a few articles on women with classic cars.

Would you believe that the scene I was in is on youtube?! Click here to see the link. I am in only for half a second! When the link first starts I am on the far left with long brown hair, black sweater, white scarf and next to my old friend Nicki with the red hair and checked shirt. Too funny! I have not seen this is a long time.

3. I have been married 3 years yesterday - yippee!

4. I was doing Event Planning and Marketing for over 8 years until recently. Now I am fully committed to Lipstick, Powder 'n Paint.

5. I love Antiques and Heritage homes. I currently own a very tall Victorian house that was built in 1892. Our house in Toronto is a newer one built in 1926.

What is your favorite beauty item on your vanity?
That's a hard one! I am really loving the new Kenzoki cold eye cream (but it's in the fridge and not on the vanity)

I can't live without...
My 2 pugs
My husband
My laptop and my L'Occitane lavender hand cream

What's your favorite gift to give?
A pedicure or other spa treatment

If you could max out your credit card at one shop, which one?
Well if I did I would be in trouble but it would have to be Sephora…of course!

What one beauty item every woman should own?
A good moisturizer. A dehydrated skin is not good.

What inspired you to start your blog/site?
I stumbled upon The Beauty Addict site and loved it. I love to chat and tell people about items I love, so I thought I would try doing a blog. I was not sure if it would take off but I am so glad it has. I am so loving it and especially the other bloggers I have e-met!

If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
Somewhere warm – St. Lucia, Barbados, Florida, Hawaii – anywhere! I am surrounded by a huge mess. We are moving and everything is being ripped out of the cupboards, drawers, etc.

Who is your celebrity beauty mate?
I have always loved Meg Ryan's hair - so I currently have a flipped out do.
Makeup..that's a tough one. Emily Blunt, Katherine Heigl. Something more natural looking.

Do you have any hidden talents?
I guess dancing, though it has been such a long time since I did.

Name your favorite...
Lipgloss: I have several. The ones that I am currently wearing are Pink Beauty's Lip Scintillate Lip Gloss in Fabulah and Dupwop's Duet Gloss in Flora Makeup

Brand: That's hard. It's between Benefit and Duwop for great colours, choice of products and wearability.

Colour: I am a lover of mauve for eyes and lips.

Beauty Trend: Crimson blush with subtle sheen and cherry red lips

Book: Bobbi Brown Living Beauty and 5 minute face by Carmindy. Non-beauty would have to be the Shopaholic series of books.


Well there you go, a little information on me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Mommanista said...

Cool, you'll be coming to Toronto!!! I cannot wait to start reading your posts from home.

9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home