Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Meet a M.A.C PRO Artist

I met with Leah Ellison at the Guildford Store opening, held at the beginning of May.


















Leah is personable, attractive and perfectly made up - everything you expect from a PRO artist. She has been with M.A.C for 11 years and is based out of the local M.A.C office and training facility in Yaletown, Vancouver.

I asked how Leah started her career with M.A.C "I was going to college and also working doing fragrance demos at the Bay Downtown. Whenever I looked over at the M.A.C counter it was so busy, everyone was having so much fun and the makeup was fabulous that it really drew me in. I knew that I would love to work there. At the time I did not know how to do makeup, but they were looking to hire a cashier so I applied and was hired."

Leah explained to me what she loved about working at M.A.C. "I like the versatility of my job and love that I am able to work with people all the time. I love the fact that something as simple as makeup can make such a big difference in someone’s life, boost their self esteem and bring out their inner beauty. It is very satisfying every time I work with makeup."

"My average day consists of lots of emailing and planning for upcoming events. I take care of special events, media, store openings and high profile events."

Leah gets to travel all over the world and had recently returned from the International Collections for the runway shows in Europe. What can we expect from M.A.C this fall?
- Lots of black eyeliner in either gel or liquid. Liner is dramatic, geometric with hard lines.
- Cheeks are natural with contouring and a bit of highlighter.
- Lips are really bare. No colour with concealer being used to block out lip colour, or to the other extreme - dark burgundy or dark red.

I asked Leah what her favourite current trend was "The nude lip. I am a sucker for the nude lip and am very happy that the trend will be following through to the fall".

Leah's two favourite M.A.C products are Tinted Lipglass in C-Thru and also Face and Body Mixing Medium - which is a MAC Pro Product.

The Mixing Medium is water based, colourless and can be added to any product. "Mix it with a loose pigment and create a paste to use on face and body or if someone has flawless skin you can use it by itself to create a sheen without glitter or sparkle."

What is M.A.C PRO? This is a specific range of products that cater to makeup artists. These products are usually more pigmented and will have more versatility in their use and
provide the high quality formulations, colours, and finishes to power creativity on-set and backstage. For more information on M.A.C PRO products, visit http://www.macpro.com/.

What Leah was wearing:
Face: Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark
Eyes: Shadow in Fertile and Seedling, Jardin Aires pigment from the Strange Hybrid collection
Lips: Propagate lipstick from the Strange Hybrid collection

Check out M.A.C at www.maccosmetics.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home