Saturday, November 10, 2007

Canadian Makeup Show

When I arrived at around 10:15am this morning at Kool Haus, the place was buzzing with attendees, exhibitors and tradeshow staff. There was a long lineup of people waiting to pick up pre-ordered tickets - over 1,000 were ordered over the internet. That is amazing for a first time show. That number doesn't even take into account all those people purchasing tickets at the doors.

Lipstick, Powder 'n Paint is the official beauty blog of the show and I am on site the next two days to type away on my laptop about the fun things I see. Enjoy...

















Joy David
, Makeup Artist and Makeup-Junkie in Canada beauty blogger was thrilled that finally there was a makeup show in Canada.

Why is she attending? She feels that a show like this is the ultimate place to make new connections. Some of the top professional makeup lines are exhibiting at the show and she wants to check them out and meet the people behind them.

Who is she going to be searching out? The Powder Group, "The #1 resource for makeup artists" says David, also FACE atelier "They have the most amazing foundation", and of course MAC.

Who else did I see...

Sharon Gault will be speaking tomorrow but today she was showing the attendees how to create a red carpet look using Holiday colours.

































Michele Duivenvoorden is the President of Beautycrew, your one stop beauty resource for makeup artist training, bridal beauty services, and teen pampering parties.

The doors opened in March 2007 in Vaughan, Ontario and since then business has been great, with a combination of the public and professional makeup artists walking through her doors.

Duivenvoorden was extremely busy chatting to attendees but I managed to pull her aside for a second to take her photo.

Attendees were having their faces and bodies painted everywhere I turned. Some were having Fantasy looks, some Glamour and some just plain strange looks. Here are two gals I stopped that I felt stood out:

Ada Arnautobic
















Krista Irwin

















More later...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Make-up Junkie in Canada said...

Ellen!! It was soo great to see you yesterday! I'm loving all your coverage on the show!! How long did you have to wait for the internet?? lol Have a blast and I wish I could have made it today. You are so awesome and can't wait to read the rest of your posts!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger CARMINA-CRISTINA said...

Hi!

I'm glad to see my fantasy makeup creation and my beautiful model (ADA) on your blog!

The CMS was a great opportunity for young artist to introduce themselves and their artistic vision to a lot of great people!

Thank you,
CARMINA

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home