Thursday, January 03, 2008

And The Nominees Are...

The Golden Globes will be held on Sunday, January 13, 2008 and I for one will be sitting with the TV remote in one hand, beverage in the other and a bowl of popcorn between my knees. I love watching all the 'beautiful people' in their stunning gowns, ridiculously expensive jewels and perfect makeup.


















Here are the main category nominations for actresses - who do you think will win? I have highlighted my picks.

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Drama
Cate Blanchett – Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Julie Christie – Away From Her
Jodie Foster – The Brave One
Angelina Jolie – A Mighty Heart
Keira Knightley – Atonement

Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
Amy Adams – Enchanted
Nikki Blonsky – Hairspray
Helena Bonham Carter – Sweeney Todd
Marion Cotillard – La Vie En Rose
Ellen Page – Juno

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Drama
Patricia Arquette – Medium
Glenn Close – Damages
Minnie Driver – The Riches
Edie Falco – The Sopranos
Sally Field – Brothers & Sisters
Holly Hunter – Saving Grace
Kyra Sedgwick – The Closer

Best Performance by an Actress In A Television Series - Musical Or Comedy
Christina Applegate – Samantha Who?
America Ferrera – Ugly Betty
Tina Fey – 30 Rock
Anna Friel – Pushing Daisies
Mary-Louise Parker – Weeds

On the Monday after the Golden Globes I will report on how many of my picks won and who wore what - because really that is all we want to know!



Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'be been hearing that none of the actors are going to show up because of the writers strike. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Great picks!

10:08 PM  
Blogger TheMakeupGirl said...

I will be SO pissed if there are no celebs and no red carpet...wtf is the point? I say they should postpone it

3:29 PM  
Blogger Beauty411 said...

I am totally bummed about no red carpet. Grrrr.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home