Monday, January 07, 2008

Conair Nano Silver Collection

Just before I left for my Christmas vacation I received a wonderful box of goodies. Of course I had to tear it apart immediately and was absolutely delighted to find the Conair Nano Silver Collection! I received the Infiniti Nano Silver by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Styler, Infiniti Nano Silver by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic 1¾” Straightener and the Infiniti Nano Silver by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Cord Reel Hot Rollers. I was already a Conair fan but I was ready to see if they could wow me more than before.

OK, what do nano silver tourmaline ceramic products do for your hair? They unite micro particles of tourmaline ceramic and silver for a unique combination that minimizes heat damage and creates healthy looking hair. These ions smooth the cuticle layer of the hair creating a silky, shiny look - frizzies be gone.

Well I was up for the challenge to see if I liked these items. My hairdryer was looking a little used and abused (see below) and just by looks alone was no match to the perfect, perky new white one.




















I was impressed to see that this dryer has 3 heat settings and two speed settings. My old dryer was pretty much on or off! It also comes with three attachments - an adjustable diffuser, a concentrator and a straightening pic. Since using this dryer my hair has been far shinier than before and I am using a lower heat setting which can only be better for my hair.

Next I was ready to try out the straightener. I always love how the salons make my hair poker straight but with that cute flip at the ends.

There are four heat settings that allow people with different hair textures straighten their hair at the perfect temperature. I was a goof and tried the hottest setting first - don't ask me why. I now know that 395 degrees isn't the temp I need to use, but 330 degrees is.

I think it's all about a little trial and error and once you find the perfect temperature and way of placing the iron in your hair then you are set for life.
Other nice features of the Infiniti Nano Silver by Conair Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener are that it comes with a stylish heat resistant pad and travel case and it will automatically turn off after an hour if you forget to.



















I had my hair cut off at the beginning of December so I have not been able to use the rollers. I will use them once my hair grows a couple more inches. My friend Shannon at A Girl's Gotta Spa did a fab review of the Conair Infiniti Nano Silver Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Setter so I am going to suggest you read her posting - click here.

Now before you say it, I know Shannon states "when you are talking about using hair tools, it's best to show what your hair looked like when you used it". I am afraid that I am camera shy and just can't do it - I can't take a picture. I can promise you though that my hair does look pretty wonderful. You'll just have to trust me.


Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shannon Nelson said...

Ellen--how funny, I had the Conair 1600 too before the Nano!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home