Tuesday, March 18, 2008

L'Oreal Fashion Week: Day 1

















March 17th was St. Patrick's Day but also Day 1 of L'Oreal Fashion Week in Toronto.

This is me sitting in my office, writing articles and going through emails before leaving for downtown.

I decided to go subtle with my makeup and am wearing the Bobbi Brown Nude Palette and my L'Oreal Colour Riche Made For Me Naturals in Cashmere lippie.


NATHAN PHILLIPS SQUARE

The tent this year is glass fronted, allowing more light into the gathering area inside. When I arrived there was a show taking place, which is why it is so quiet outside.




















The media lounge was a sea of laptops with journalists typing away at their stories or blogging.

Love the pink shoes!





















Jeanne Beker of Fashion Television interviewed Russian designer Max Chernitsov.






















THE RUNWAY

Vancouver resident Mellinda-Mae Harlingten showed for the first time yesterday at L'Oreal Fashion Week.






























Montreal based-designer Nadya Toto

















THE LOOK


Bold, graphic eyes, matte skin and nude lips were displayed on the catwalk in the Mellinda-Mae Harlington show.













Models in the Nadya Toto show smoldered with 'Sweeney Todd' eyes. Skin once again was very matte and lips were non-existent. It was all about the eyes.















Tomorrow I will share Day 2 under the 'Tent'.

For more information on L'Oreal Fashion Week visit http://www.lorealfashionweek.ca/

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger josi said...

First off, how cute are you! (REALLY makes me want to cut my hair again..bad Josi, bad Josi...)

Imagine seeing Jeanne Beker in person!!!! I love her.

Wonderful coverage my dear, looking forward to more.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

Thanks Josi. Keep your eyes peeled for Day 2 under the TENT.
Ellen

11:27 AM  
Blogger Piece of Cake said...

Ellen, I heart your haircut! Wish I'm able to copy it. I'm due for a good professional haircut as mine is totally whacked now.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home